Are you feeling like you’re at the end of your rope? Exhausted? Sick? Frazzled? It’s not always possible to just drop everything and rest until you feel better. Work needs to be done. Deadlines need to be met. Children need to be fed and loved. When you’re feeling out-of-sorts, it’s difficult to tend to the things you want to do.
We all have our bad days, and sometimes it’s tough to know what to do to make yourself feel better. Here are some small, simple things you can do to help yourself:
1. Give yourself permission to do less. Most things can wait until tomorrow. Focus on the essentials and let other things slide for a while. Give yourself a break.
2. Hydrate. Make sure you’re getting plenty of water. Even if you feel like drinking coffee or soda to give yourself energy, make sure you’re drinking water too. It’s amazing how much being dehydrated can make you feel frazzled and depleted.
3. Use paper plates. Order out. Make meal prep as easy as you can. You can go back to cooking and saving when you’re feeling better.
4. Limit time on social media. Social media sometimes feels like an escape, but it can also rob you of time to rest by keeping you alert.
5. Put away your cell phone. Plug it into its charger, and if you can, turn off the ringer. Spending some time a little “disconnected” will help your brain rest, and give you fewer distractions.
6. Hug someone or something. Hug your babies. Hug your friends. Go to Pet Smart and hug a dog if you need to. Having contact with another living being can be calming and healing.
7. Spend some time outside. Sunshine is great. Even if you can go for a quick walk in the rain or snow, the fresh air can be revitalizing.
Check out my Encouragement page for more pick-me-ups, and…encouragement!
What are some things you do to make things better when you’re feeling out-of-sorts?
This post may contain affiliate links. By using them, you are being super awesome and supporting this blog. Thank you! To learn more, check out this fabulous Disclosure Policy.