Do you struggle with sticking to a daily routine? Are you longing for some kind of schedule or consistency? The one thing that has helped me accomplish more during the day has been to create a personalized to-do list that I have saved on my computer.
It took me a while to create this list, and it is completely personalized to my life, my house, and our needs. It has made a huge difference in keeping me focused, and moving towards my ultimate goals.
I’m sharing a printable version of my Daily To-Do list with you, but I’d really encourage you to modify what I’ve done to make it work for your own circumstances.
How to Create a Personalized To-Do Checklist
- Print off the Daily To-Do List. Read it over, cross things off, and add things to it.
- Create a new document on your computer, and type in your modified To-Do list. When I made my list, I used two columns so I could get more on one page.
- If you want to, change the font to something you like, and make it look pretty.
- Print off one copy of your new To-Do list, and use it for a day. See how it goes. What do you want to change about it? Make changes in your document, and print again for the next day.
- Repeat the process a few times until you have something you’re happy with. Then, make about two weeks’ worth of copies of your list.
- As your needs change, change your to-do list on your computer and re-print.
It took me a few good weeks to have a to-do list I was really happy with. I’m considering making a few changes to my list in the near future to make sure I have more time during the week to do fun things like work on creative projects and read.
If you’re wondering about different items listed on my Daily To-Do list, there’s a good chance I’ve already written about them, or I will in the near future. Check out the Routines page for more information.
If this post helped you, I’d love it if you’d join the community on my Facebook page. I love to chat about routines, habits, decluttering, and all kinds of organizational stuff. Please join me!
This post may contain affiliate or referral links. By using them, you are being super awesome and supporting this blog. Thank you! To learn more, check out this fabulous Disclosure Policy.