When it comes to saving money, making small tweaks can end up making a huge difference over time. Here are some of the small tweaks I’ve made to save this week:
How I Saved Money This Week
1. I’m back into playing the drugstore game. Because we’re in a new area, I’ve been trying to learn the ropes of couponing at Rite Aid. This week, I was able to purchase some shaving cream for my husband, and two bags of Halloween candy for $3.70 with $3.00 back in rewards. Yay!
2. Swagbucks. I’ve been using the Swagbucks search engine to help me find information on how to improve my blog. I’ve had to search for so much stuff! This week I was able to earn another $5 Amazon gift card.
3. Amazon Marketplace. I sold about 3 more of my teaching books and made $62! That went straight toward the student loan.
4. Switching Internet providers. When we first moved, we signed up with internet service with Comcast at an introductory rate. That introductory rate was done a few weeks ago, and now our bill is close to double what it was before. We switched to CenturyLink, also at an introductory rate, and we’ve been happy so far. The customer service rep assured me that we’d be able to renew our introductory rate after our first year is up. I’ll believe that when I see it… But for now, we’ve lowered our internet bill!
6. Target. With cash. Target is my weak spot, and I had to go there this week to buy some things for my kids’ school. I went in with cash. Saw lots of cute sweaters, $8 shirts, and washi tape. I wasn’t able to go crazy because I only had ten dollars to spend.
How did you save this week?
This post may contain affiliate or referral links. By using them, you are being super awesome and supporting this blog. Thank you! To learn more, check out this fabulous Disclosure Policy.