Isn’t it amazing how much technology has advanced in the last twenty years or so? I remember when I started college, I still wrote actual letters to my friends. By the time I graduated, everything was done via email. I used to make fun of people who had cell phones, and now I can’t imagine my life without one.
Even though technology has advanced, there are still some inventions that would be super helpful. Feel free to steal my ideas, but promise that you’ll let me know about it when your product hits the market. Okay? Thanks.
Things That Need to Be Invented
- Awesome blenders that don’t cost $300. I think the smoothie trend is here to stay. Come on, blender manufacturers! It’s time to kick it up a notch. Is it too much to ask for a blender that can pulverize frozen fruit for days on end without breaking? Hmmm?
- Bags with two straps that don’t constantly fall off your shoulder. Please. I’m constantly adjusting my bag because the straps fall off. It’s terribly inconvenient.
- A way to tell someone that they’re a bad driver without getting into a full-on altercation. I’d like to be able to send a message to someone by their license plate number and let them know that their tailgating is not appreciated. And yes, I know that they weren’t headed to the hospital, but to the McDonald’s drive-thru instead.
- A personal space shield. Something like a holographic circle that we could turn on when we’re riding on the bus, or waiting in line at the post office. Bonus if it blocks odors.
- Self-cleaning floors. It’s be nice if we could just flip a switch, and everything could be vacuumed up into the vents, and redirected to our garbage cans.
What kind of inventions would you like to see? For products (because we all know that world peace and cures for diseases would top everything on this list).
Want to receive updates from The Beautiful Useful Project? Sign up for the email update list!
This post may contain affiliate or referral links. By using them, you are being super awesome and supporting this blog. Thank you! To learn more, check out this fabulous Disclosure Policy.