Is your kitchen…not quite what you wish it would be? When you’re bummed about your kitchen situation, it’s tough to be motivated to cook. Because the kitchen is the “heart” of the home, it’s important that your kitchen be a place where you want to be. So, here are some simple, easy-to-implement ideas for making your kitchen a place you love to be:
1. Clear off your countertops. Boy, this makes a big difference! By taking all of the stuff you’re not using off the countertops, you make your kitchen look cleaner, bigger, and more inviting. It’s much more appetizing to start preparing a meal on a clear countertop.
2. Clean out your fridge. Preferably on a hot day if possible, so you can benefit from the coolness. No, but seriously, cleaning out your fridge allows you to get rid of rotten food, and make room for delicious ingredients you will want to run to the kitchen for.
3. Wipe down your cabinets. Especially if you are in a rental, like I am, your cabinet doors could be fairly dusty. Wiping them down with a vinegar and water solution can make your kitchen look brighter and cleaner. If you want to get fancy, you could try out a nice-smelling wood cleaner.
4. Put out pretty towels. If you don’t have some, get some! Kitchen towels can be pretty cheap at Target or Wal-Mart. Go get something you like (if you don’t have it already), and put it on display. Even if your kitchen is a harvest yellow disaster zone, cute towels can perk things up for you.
5. Bake something divine! Cookies, brownies, bread, Pillsbury croissants, cinnamon rolls, or whatever floats your boat. Bake something that will make your kitchen smell wonderful.
What things do you do to make your kitchen more fabulous? Please share!
This post may contain affiliate links. By using them, you are being super awesome and supporting this blog. Thank you! To learn more, check out this fabulous Disclosure Policy.