If you’re new to trying to save money, it can be a big hassle. A huge pain. A downer. Here are some easy habits you can start that will help you save a little bit of cash that won’t cramp your style:
1. Don’t order soda at restaurants. This will help you cut calories, and it will save you money too. Some restaurants charge up to $2.50 for a soda. Whatever! Order water instead, and save some cash.
2. Turn things off. Unplug things. Only when it’s safe to do so of course. By turning lights off, unplugging appliances you aren’t using, and trying to cut down on your electricity use, you could save a few bucks every month.
3. Finish the laundry. I’m guilty of having to wash the same load of laundry over and over again because I can’t manage to get everything dried and put away before it gets smelly. Make an effort to finish the loads of laundry you start. You will save on electricity bills, water bills, detergent, and aggravation.
4. Buy store brands. Sometimes they are even better than name brands at grocery stores. Safeway’s store brand Refreshe has some divine seltzer water. For cheap!
5. Use cloth napkins. When we started using cloth napkins, I thought it would be a huge pain. But it wasn’t! I just wash the cloth napkins with the rest of my laundry. Now I don’t have to buy paper napkins at the store, which saves a little bit of money each month.
What are some simple things you do to save money?
This post was linked up to Thrifty Thursday on Living Well Spending Less!
This post may contain affiliate links. By using them, you are being super awesome and supporting this blog. Thank you! To learn more, check out this fabulous Disclosure Policy.