Is your house feeling kind of blah? Like it doesn’t reflect your personality? Here are five things you can do to make your house feel more home-y:
1. Hang pictures. Find snapshots you have on hand, or hang up those frames you’ve been keeping in the basement. Put stuff on the walls that you love. If you don’t want to use nails to hang your pictures, use Command Strips.
2. Update the pillows on your sofa. A lot of the resting you’ll do in your home will be on your couch. Make sure you like something about it! Even if it’s uncomfortable and smelly, get cool-looking pillows. They will make you smile when you come into the room.
3. Display flowers and plants. I’ve been cutting hydrangeas from our backyard this summer for a nice pop of color in our living room. Plants can clean the air in your home, and they add an element of nature to your decor. Even a small grocery store basil plant in the kitchen can make your home feel more lived-in.
4. Do a massive declutter. Get rid of the stuff that’s bumming you out. Either sell it, or donate it, but get it out of your line of sight. Your home will feel more serene, and you’ll have less to clean.
5. Make your house smell good. Bake something delicious like chocolate chip cookies or homemade bread. Or, light a beautifully-scented candle.
What do you do to make your house feel like a home?
This post may contain affiliate links. By using them, you are being super awesome and supporting this blog. Thank you! To learn more, check out this fabulous Disclosure Policy.