I’ve been on a mission to declutter my body lately, and one of my goals is to fit in 30 minutes of daily exercise. Especially for parents of very young children, this can be challenging. Here are some ideas for how to fit in 30 minutes of daily exercise without having to change into workout clothes.
Ways to Fit In 30 Minutes of Daily Exercise
- Get outside with your kids. If you can get out of your house, walk for 15 minutes, and then come back to your house, you’re done. I’ve done this a few times with my sons, and we’ve played “go” and “stop.” When I yell “Go!” they have to run as quickly as they can (staying on the sidewalk, of course). When I yell “Stop!” they have to freeze. Sometimes this works, but it’s not something I can do every day.
- Walk outside with your stroller. If you can do this with a stroller, you’ll burn even more calories and you won’t have to worry about finding childcare.
- Walk outside by yourself. It’s heavenly. I try to do this on the weekends when my husband is home. If I walk during nap time, then he can have some alone time too. Over the summer I used to walk in the evenings after the kids went to bed. Now it’s a little too dark for that, but I do it every once in a while.
- Play a video game. Did you know that most of the Wii Fit Just Dance videos are on YouTube? Of course you won’t have a controller to monitor your dancing accuracy, but you can still enjoy the game. For free!
- Break out your old step. Do you have an old step aerobics step from the 90s? Break it out and do some basic stepping while you watch your favorite shows.
- Make cleaning your exercise. I like to use GymPact (a free app) to help me get some daily cleaning exercise. I also make a little bit of money if I hit my exercising goal each week.
I’ve added 30 Minutes of Daily Exercise to my Daily To-Do List, and it’s made a big difference. There are some days when I just don’t get my exercise in, but if I’m able to exercise five to six days a week, I’m very happy about it.
Do you like to exercise? Follow my Walking board on Pinterest!
Interested in learning more about Routines that enrich your life? Check out theRoutines page.