Ready to do a quick declutter of your house? Here are ten things you can do to cut clutter.
10 Things You Can Do To Cut Clutter In Your Home
- Do a 27-Fling Boogie. This is a Fly Lady trick. Go through your house with a garbage bag and find 27 things to throw away. It doesn’t matter how big or small the items are. Sometimes my 27-Fling Boogies are full of receipts and food wrappers. It doesn’t matter. Get rid of 27 pieces of junk in your home.
- Bring your recyclables to the car. Those dead batteries, cardboard boxes, and newspapers need to go! Recycling stuff can take up a lot of space. Bring the stuff out to your car (or the curb if you have recycling pickup) and take everything to a recycling center or wherever it belongs. After you’re done dropping off the recyclables, go treat yourself to a nice coffee or ice cream.
- Pitch spoiled food. Go through your fridge and throw out anything growing mold, limping, or smelling.
- Pitch expired food. Those pasta boxes that expired in 2008 have to go!
- Declutter some plastic cups. Do you collect stadium cups? I got this idea from one of my favorite podcasts, Clutter Interrupted. They got rid of most of their stadium cups to cut down on the clutter in their kitchens. So smart!
- Box up some toys. You don’t have to throw them away or get rid of them. But, just box up some of your children’s toys and see if they miss them. Then, you can bring them back later and they’ll seem like new to your kiddos. In the meantime, there’s less for you to clean.
- Spend 20 minutes going through paper. You know that stack of papers you have to go through? Spend 20 minutes going through them and getting rid of stuff. Take care of business!
- Declutter your beauty supplies. If it’s not working, smells weird, or for some reason will probably never be used, get rid of it. Give it to someone else or donate it.
- Declutter your linen closet. Take an hour to go through your linens and get rid of stuff you never use. When I decluttered our linen closet I found a bunch of sheets for a queen-sized bed. We don’t own a queen-sized bed anymore…
- Declutter your cleaning supplies. If you’re not using stuff, get rid of it. Give it to someone else or donate it. Make room for the things you like and use.
Bonus: Are you really motivated to declutter your home? Download this free printable for inspiration. You can also check out the Declutter page of this site for more decluttering ideas and inspiration.
This post may contain affiliate or referral links. By using them, you are being super awesome and supporting this blog. Thank you! To learn more, check out this fabulous Disclosure Policy.